Google Play Screenshots
You can add up to 8 screenshots for each supported device type: Phone, Tablet (7 inch & 10 inch), Android TV, and Wear OS by Google. To upload screenshots for different device types, under “Screenshots,” click a device-specific tab.
- Tablet: If you want your app to be eligible for Google Play’s “Designed for tablets” section, you need to add tablet screenshots. To optimize your store listing for tablets, review the Tablet App Quality Checklist.
- Wear OS by Google: If you’re distributing an app to Wear OS by Google devices, you need to add at least one screenshot on your app’s “Wear OS by Google” tab. Here are some best practices to follow when adding Wear OS screenshots:
- Upload screenshots for round and square devices. When deciding on your screenshots, keep in mind more Wear OS by Google devices are round.
- If you're including multiple screenshots in a single image file, limit each image file to two screenshots.
- Play Store on Wear has a dark background, so we recommend adding screenshots with transparent backgrounds.
- Android TV: If you distribute an app to Android TV devices, before you can publish your app, you need to add at least one screenshot on your app’s “TV” tab.
- An Android TV banner image is also required.
- TV screenshots will only be displayed on Android TV devices.
To publish your Store Listing, you must provide a minimum of 2 screenshots.
- JPEG or 24-bit PNG (no alpha)
- Minimum dimension: 320px
- Maximum dimension: 3840px
- The maximum dimension of your screenshot can't be more than twice as long as the minimum dimension.
Some sections of the Play Store show groups of recommended games using screenshots. For your game to be eligible, you must provide a minimum of 3 landscape screenshots.
- 16:9 aspect ratio (landscape)
Where they're displayed
Your uploaded screenshots will be displayed on your app's details page on the Google Play website and Android app.
Note: If a video is available, it will always be the first thumbnail shown on Google Play. It will be followed left-to-right by the screenshots best suited for the device the user is browsing on. On the Google Play web store (play.google.com), tablet screenshots are prioritized and appear before phone screenshots.