Creating Your .JSON Key
Customization is a big part of what we provide here at Honeycommb, that also means publishing directly to your own developer account! Sometimes finding your .json key is a little bit hard so here is a step by step guide to get your .json key:
1. First, Open the Google Play Console
3. Click API access
4. Click Create Service Account
5. Click Google API Console (in a new window)
6. Click Create Service Account
7. Type 'honeycommb' into Service account name. Click Create
8. Under Role type in Service Account User and click on that option. Click Continue.
9. Click Done
10. Click on the new Honeycommb service account you just created
11. Click Add Key then Create new key
12. Select JSON for Key type. Click Create
13. Save the downloaded JSON file to your computer. Click Close
14. Go back to the other window where you had your Google Play Console open and click Done. If you already closed that window, simply Open the Google Play Console and navigate to Settings -> API access
15. Under Service Accounts, you should see the one you newly created. Click Grant Access
16. Select Admin (all permissions). Click Invite user
17. Click Send invite
18. On your Users & Permissions page, you should see the service account you just created. In order for your app to receive updates, the service account honeycommb@api-[placeholder].iam.gserviceaccount.com must be on this list with the correct permissions (Admin). Next you must also add the honeycommb devops account so in order to do so, click Invite New User
19. Type in email@example.com. Click Admin (all permissions). Click Invite user.
20. Click Send invite
21. Finally, send your updated .JSON file downloaded in Step 13 to your success manager!